Uploading & Recording Video Files in ApprenNet
Even in the age of YouTube, uploading and recording videos can be difficult. Here are some helpful hints to ensure a smooth technical experience:
- There are four ways to upload videos to an Exercise, but our Desktop App is the most reliable. This is why.
- Before you begin, check your System Compatibility and use a Google Chrome browser.
- Use high speed internet. What does that mean? Make sure your computer's uploading speed is at least 2 mega bits per second (Mbps). To check your uploading speed, visit www.speedtest.net.
- If you are uploading a video file, make sure to upload a small video file (file less than 300 MB). If your file is larger than 300 MB, you can compress it by following instructions found here.
- If you are uploading a video file, make sure to upload an acceptable video file type. These are: .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mjpeg, .mpg, and .webm. Please note that if you are using iMovie, the system does not accept movies saved as a "mobile" file.
- If you have having trouble with your audio, please try using our Desktop App and check your microphone here.
Still need help?
- Are you having trouble recording a video? If yes, have you enabled Flash? To use our in-browser web-cam, you need Flash. Select here to learn how to allow Flash.
- Still having trouble recording your video? Select here to find specific recording instructions.
- Getting a "We are having trouble talking to the servers!" error? Visit this help document for more information.