How do I compress my Submission in ApprenNet?
Please note that 300 MB is the maximum allowable file size for video upload on ApprenNet. You can read more about best practices for uploading videos to ApprenNet here. Acceptable video file types include: .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mjpeg, .mpg, and .webm.
- Visit https://clipchamp.com/
- Select Convert Video File
- You will receive an email asking you to sign in
- Select or drag-and-drop your video file
- Select Optimize for Web
- Select Keep Resolution
- Select Format .MP4
- Select Medium Quality
- Select the Get Started button at the bottom right
- Visit http://handbrake.fr/
- Select download on the left side of the homepage.
- Choose which type of program, e.g. Windows Vista, Mac OS, you have for the download to begin.
- After download, select the handbrake icon that appears on your screen.
- Open the application.
- Select Source found in the top left corner of the Handbrake tool.
- Select the video you would like to compress.
- Select the Toggle Presets icon found in the top right corner.
- Select the iPhone & iPad Touch preset (found to the left of the handbrake window).
- Under Video Quality, set constant quality to 20 (you can use the slider to the right).
- In the middle of the handbrake window, select the box for Web optimized.
- Select start (top left corner) to compress your video.
Once you have a video file of the appropriate size and format, you can learn how to upload it here.