Standards Gap Report
A Standards Gap Report lists all of the standards in a given state document, with alignments to assets showing on the left side of the screen
The gaps in columns A and B in the report above indicate standards that are not aligned. There is an alignment in the 95th row (in blue). The Standards Gap Report lists every level of the state document, so there will be instances where a gap in column A and B does not indicate a legitimate gap in coverage. In the example above, the rows in red (90 and 94) represent higher levels in the document and should have no alignments. Colors have been added by the author to better illustrate the information.
To request a Standards Gap report:
1. Click the Reports menu to open the Manage Reports page.
2. Click the Standards Gap Report link. (Note: Alternatively you may choose Roll-up Gap.)
3. On the Request Reports page, select your File Options.
- Format: Choose a file type from Excel, HTML, PDF, or Comma Separated.
- Layout: Choose "None" to use the default layout template or if you want the report to use a customized layout template, select it from the drop-down menu. Note: A customized layout allows you to display the fields that are most important to you.See Creating Report Layouts for more information.
- Filename: Type a name for your report file. If you leave this blank, RMS will automatically generate a name for your report.
- Split File: This allows you to split the report By State, By Document Set, By Document, or By Course.
4. Select your Content Options.
- Alignment: Click "Use Predicted Standards" if you want to the report to use alignments predicted by AB, usually based on CTCs and on other settings if your account is set to deliver them. Cliick Include Rejected Standards if you want to see standards that were rejected in your report.
- Deliver: Project or Custom
Project: The asset set and standard set are determined by parameters of a particular project. Select the project from the drop-down menu. After you select a project, you have the ability to select which asset workflow status(es) you want included in the report.
Custom: You define the standard set and asset set.
Standard Set: Select the standards set for your report. Entire License: All standards within your license will be reported against. Custom Set: Choose from previously defined sets of standards or click [build new set] to build a new standards set. General Set: Choose a state/entity from within your license. (Note: Reports are not available for disabled standards.)
Asset Set: Select the assets for your report. All: The report will reflect all assets. Custom Set: Choose from previously defined sets or click [build new set] to build a new asset set. General Set: Choose asset type from the drop-down menu.
5. Set your Display Options to specify the appearance of your report.
"Show hierarchy of each standard (one column per level)" - Check this if you want to show the hierarchy for each standard. This option generates one column for each level in the hierarchy of the reported standard. If the standard is in the fourth level of the document, there will be four columns, one for each level. See example below.
If you select the check box, the window expands to request additional information.
- You can type your own column header prefix in the given text box.
- You can choose to "prefix each standard with its State ID." If the check box is unchecked, the State ID appears only in the State ID column of the report. If the check box is checked, the State ID appears in front of the text at each standard level.
"Only show standards at deepest level" creates the report so that only standards at the deepest level in the standards document, with one row per standard. The hierarchy of the standards is not included in the report.
"Only show gaps" creates the report so that only standards at the deepest level in the standards document and only those that have no assets aligned. The report shows only the gaps, with no alignments in the report. If columns A and B of the report are empty, it is because there are no assets aligned to the standards in that row.
6. Click Schedule to request your report.