This article describes how to best navigate around the enCASE platform.
After you log into the platform, you see your dashboard. To navigate to various functional areas, use the menu options at the top of the page.
The top menu bar displays appropriate choices for your account. Some of the menus you may see include:
- Allows a teacher to easily access their classes, view rosters, and print rosters.
- Allows a District Test Coordinator (DTC) to manage schools, classrooms/teachers, and students.
- Allows DTC and administrative users to manage user accounts.
- Allows you to view, edit, or create your own district/school/classroom item bank items and passages.
- "Classroom” allows teachers to create formative assessments by pulling high quality items from item banks.
- “Schedules” allows you to see or create the testing schedule that has been created for any benchmark or formative assessments for a classroom.
- "Assessment Reports" takes you to session reports, which are immediately available after tests are submitted.
- "Assessment Analytics" brings you to additional interactive reports, as well as scaled benchmark reports. Interactive reports are available the morning after tests are submitted. Scaled benchmark reports are available within a few days of submission.
The center of the dashboard may display sections such as "Announcements" and "Assessment Summary," depending on your user access and the state of your testing.
The "Assessment Summary" window shows existing assessments. By default, the list shows scheduled assessments whose Test Window starting date is within the "Past 30 Days". Click on the Test Window Start Date drop-down menu to see assessments whose Test Window start dates are within a different time frame. You can view all assessments scheduled this school year or choose to display only those with a scheduled start date in the past 30, 60, or 90 days.
To see only "Classroom Assessments" or "Benchmark Assessments," click the checkboxes next to either of these from the "Show" section at the top. The list includes whichever type of assessment remains checked.
To print, preview, or edit the assessment schedule, use the icons located to the right of the assessment.
If there are several tests listed in a section, use the scroll bar on the right to scroll through the list.
If you are using a Mac, you can only see scroll bars when your system preferences are set to always show scroll bars. To set the scroll bars to always show on a Mac:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click General. The following menu appears.
- Set the Show Scroll Bars setting to Always.
Close System Preferences.
Log out of enCASE, and then log back in.
To access training videos and help articles, click the question mark, located in the upper-right of the top menu.
To log out at any time, click the down-arrow to the right of your username and choose Logout.