Once you add an alignment to an item (to either a standard or to supplement metadata), ItemLogic associates a code with the item. Use these codes when finding aligned items. For example, after you align an item to Common Core ELA Literacy Reading Informational standard 6 for Grade 5, the code associated with the item may be something such as CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.6.
Common codes you may encounter (beyond state standard codes) are as follows:
|Common Core State Standards||CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.6|
|NGSS||Next Generation Science Standards||NGSS.SCI.1.ESS1.2|
|DOK||Depth of Knowledge||DOK.3|
Finding Aligned Items Using Codes
One way to find items based on their aligned standards, exclusions, or supplemental metadata is to enter the item's alignment code in the Search field. Learn more about searching in ItemLogic.
Create Filter Using Codes
Use the "Create Filter" area, located to the left of an item list or found in Advanced Search.
The following filters are available for finding aligned items:
- Alignment Taxonomy: All - finds items that are aligned to a selected group of standards or have that group of standards as an exclusion. Does not find alignments to specific standards.
- Alignment Taxonomy: Exclusions - finds items that have a selected standard as an exclusion.
- Alignment Taxonomy: Standard - finds items that are aligned to a selected standard but not items that have the standard as an exclusion.
- Alignment: Method - finds items that have any alignments using the selected alignment method.
- Alignment: Standard - find items that are aligned to a specified alignment code.
- Bloom's Taxonomy - find items with a specified Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Depth of Knowledge - find items with a specified DOK.
- Difficulty - find items with a specified Difficulty level.