Item Elements are the basic building blocks of your item and include the stimulus, the stem, and the rubric.
To view a video on using the item editor, refer to Training Videos.
Add Item Element
Select an item bank from the Dashboard and create a new item. Click the Add icon.
Select an item element. The three main elements are:
- Stimulus : the contextual content for an item. You can specify the viewer audience for the stimulus. Options include Everyone, Proctor, or Candiate.
- Stem : the action instructions or question to answer; the main part of an item. When you add a stem, you must select an interaction type.
- Scoring Rubric: the instructions for scorers to properly score the item. Learn more about scoring rubrics.
Add Item Content
Once you select an element, populate it with content. Element options include:
- Text Editor : add multi-line text, format the text, or insert images or math expressions that are already in the item bank.
- Image : upload images or insert ones already in the item bank.
- Equation : enter mathematical expressions or access the Equation Editor.
Modify an Item Element
The right side of the each element is dedicated to modifying your item element. Use the following icons:
- Re-position Element : Use the Arrow icons to re-position your element relative to other elements.
- Remove Element : Remove the element completely. This action cannot be undone.
The double-headed arrow on the left side allows you to relocate elements within a section: