Passages are resources that you can add as contexts to an item. They can contain formatted text, images, and mathematical expressions.
To view a video on this topic, refer to Training Videos.
Creating a New Passage
To add a passage as a resource to your item bank, use the following steps:
- Select an item bank.
- Select the Resources panel  to see all the resources, including passages.
- From the New drop-down menu , choose New Passage .
Give the passage a title and enter/format text for the passage . Enter text of the passage into the space provided .
On the Properties tab , you may include:
- Author name(s)
- Passage Language/Locale (if something other than English)
- Text Complexity (Readily Accessible (RA), Moderately Complex (MC), or Very Complex (VC)
- One or more grade levels for which the passage is appropriate
- Passage Code
- Lexile number
- Flesch-Kincaid (FK) reading level value
- Reading Maturity Matrix value (RMM)
To add an image to a passage, click in the spot where you want the image to appear. Then select the Media tab  and click a graphic or other media that is available . Alternatively, to upload a media file, click Upload  and select it.
Similarly, to add mathematical expressions to the passage, click in the spot where you want the math to appear. Then select the Math tab  and click an expression or equation . Alternatively, to create a new mathematical expression, click Create  to use the Equation Editor.
Saving the Passage
Click Save Passage when you are finished editing the passage.
You may add copyrights to a passage by editing the properties. See Adding Copyrights for more information.
You may add Tags to a passage. Tags are custom properties that are created and maintained by your group. See Applying Tags to Items or Resources for more information.
You can also apply special formatting to the paragraphs within a passage. Refer to Formatting Passage Text for more information.