A Bar Graph interaction presents a bar chart on which candidate may raise or lower values on defined data points. A candidate must click and drag the top of the each graph to the correct height.
Creating a Bar Graph Interaction
- In the item editor, click the plus sign and click Stem. This displays the Select Interaction Type window.
- Click the Graphing tab to reveal graphing interaction types.
- Select Bar Graph, then click Create Interaction.
- Add content to your stem prompt (ex: "Students ran laps around the school ... ").
Adding Labels to the Graph
In the Bar Graph Response section, click the + to add x-axis labels. Click the + for as many labels as you need. For the example shown above, three labels are needed: Pedro, Katie, and Justin.
For each label, there is a section where you can name the label and enter a value for the correct bar height. For example:
Use the "Preset" drop-down menu to set a value for the default bar height (optional).
Customizing the Graph
You may customize the appearance of the graph by adding things such as labels, a title, and choosing increments displayed.
To change the appearance of the graph:
- Click Customize. The Chart Editor appears.
- Make changes using the options available.
Click Update Chart Preview to see how the changes will look.
When you are finished editing, click Close.
Scoring and Previewing
For each bar positioned at the correct height, the candidate receives +1.00 points.
Preview the item to test the scoring and see how the candidate will interact with the item.