The CertifyPEIMS Rule Library(TM) for TSDS submissions enables Texas districts to validate their data, so campus staff and district administrators can make corrections in their student information systems before submitting data to the TEA. This document outlines the steps required to prepare and upload your TSDS XML files for validation by the CertifyPEIMS Rule Library for TSDS submissions.
Prepare the XML Files
Before you begin an upload, please be aware of the following:
- XML file names must start with the 6-digit state district ID.
- XML file names should retain their original formatting. Please ensure the names are in the following format: District Code_Campus ID_Collection Code_Timestamp_Interchange.xml
For example: 999999_000_2020Fall1_201909010823_InterchangeStudentExtension.xml
- At this time, the file loader for CertifyPEIMS for TSDS submissions accepts only compressed .zip files. Refer to the instructions below for creating the .zip file.
- Save your XML files to a central location on your computer. This will make it easier to create the .zip file required for the upload.
- Please ensure your .zip file is not password protected. The file loader for CertifyPEIMS for TSDS submissions will not accept password-protected .zip files.
- The .zip file should contain complete interchange schemas (XML files) for the relevant PEIMS Submission Collection:
|Interchange Name||PEIMS Submission Collection||Core Collection|
|Fall (1)||Mid-Year (2)||Summer (3)||Extended Year (4)||Class Roster Fall||Class Roster Winter||ECDS PK||ECDS KG|
Create ZIP File of Your XML Files
Note: The instructions below are for Windows OS users. Mac OS users should consult their OS help menu for instructions on how to create a .zip file using the Mac OS, as this process may vary.
To create a .zip file that contains all of the XML data extractions, navigate to the location on your computer where your XML files are located. Select all of the XML files you want to upload . Based on the systems you use to manage your data, your .zip file may include more than one XML file of the Staff, EdOrg, and SSA files. When all files are selected, right-click to open the action menu. Select Send to  and then select Compressed (zipped) folder .
View ZIP File
The selected XML files are compressed (zipped) into a folder, and the folder will have a .zip extension.
Now that you’ve created the .zip file with your TSDS PEIMS XML files, you are ready to upload it using the file loader for CertifyPEIMS TSDS Submission Files.
Open File Loader
To log in to the CertifyPEIMS Rule Library File Loader for TSDS submissions, first log in to Certify. Then, on the Home page, click the link to the file loader provided in the User Announcements section.
Log into the File Loader
At the File Loader login screen, enter your Certify User Name and Password and click the Login button.
Note: Only authorized users may log in and upload files.
To upload the .zip file containing your TSDS PEIMS XML files, click the Upload File link on the File Loader home page or in the top menu bar.
Select Submission Type
Select the submission type you are uploading using the radio buttons . For the 2020/2021 school year, the CertifyPEIMS Rule Library for TSDS submissions currently supports the following:
- PEIMS TSDS Fall Submission (1)
- PEIMS TSDS Mid-Year Submission (2)
- PEIMS TSDS Summer Submission (3)
- PEIMS TSDS Extended Year Submission (4)
- Class Roster - Fall
- Class Roster - Winter
- Early Childhood Data System Pre-Kindergarten
- Early Childhood Data System Kindergarten
Click the Choose File button  (or the Browse button, depending on your browser).
Select ZIP File
Navigate to the compressed .zip file you created. Select the .zip file and click the Open button.
Once the file is selected, click the Upload button. The File Loader then imports the .zip file and begins the upload process.
Check Upload Status
Check the upload status by clicking on the File Upload History link. The File Upload History page auto-refreshes every 30 seconds to provide you with the most up-to-date information on the status of your upload. The File Upload History page also lists any previously uploaded .zip files and the status of those uploads.
View In Progress Upload
In Progress indicates that the file loader is currently decompressing the .zip file and uploading its contents. Depending on the size of your XML files, it may take up to 20 minutes for the file loader to complete this process.
View Successful Upload
Success indicates that the file loader has successfully completed the upload process.
Once your data is validated by the CertifyPEIMS Rule Library for TSDS submissions, your specified users will receive personalized email notifications containing a Scorecard that summarizes any violations. The notifications will also contain a link to the online Scorecard.
View Failed Upload
Fail indicates that the file loader encountered errors and cannot upload your files.
Possible errors may include:
- XML file names do not start with the 6-digit state district ID
- XML files are formatted incorrectly
- The .zip file may not be formatted correctly
Note: If your upload fails, please contact Support@CerticaSolutions.com or 855-766-9916 ext. 3