enCASE Kiosk enhances the security of CASE Benchmark and Classroom Assessments by preventing students from accessing other internet sites and applications while taking a test. This lesson includes setup instructions for district-managed Chromebooks.
Note: Individually-owned Chromebooks are not supported at this time.
Step 1: Deploy enCASE Kiosk to Student Devices
Sign into the Google Admin Console. Then:
- Select Devices > Chrome; then, select Apps & Extensions > Kiosk.
- Select the organizational unit, then click + and select Add Chrome App by Extension or ID.
- Copy and paste the following: ID:
- Click Save.
Step 2: Configure enCASE Kiosk
Contact HelpDesk@CerticaSolutions.com to configure the settings in enCASE.
When configuring the Kiosk settings in enCASE, the support team will also share a short practice assessment to your district.
Step 3: Test enCASE Kiosk
Schedule the practice assessment for one or more classes.
Students will then:
- Select the enCASE icon from the Chromebook Apps menu in the system tray.
- Log in as they typically would for a CASE Assessment.
- Launch the test titled, "Testing with enCASE Kiosk."
- Complete and submit the test.
- Exit enCASE.
If students can launch and complete the test, enCASE Kiosk mode is successfully set up.