Indiana Social-Emotional Learning Competencies (2019 r2021)
Indiana extensively revised the 2019 Social-Emotional Learning Competencies. The source file posted at https://www.doe.in.gov/sebw includes “Revised January 2021” in the footer.
Considering the volume of state revisions, Academic Benchmarks did not revise the existing 2019 Sections. Instead, we:
- captured new 2021 Sections within the existing 2019 Document
- applied a 2021 revision year to the Document
- obsoleted the existing 2019 Sections
- are mapping the 2019 Sections to the 2021 Sections
The 2019 source file is no longer posted on Indiana’s website. The 2019 data in the Academic Benchmarks standards collection is now obsolete. Typically we wait until the end of the current quarter to mark data obsolete; however, we felt waiting to obsolete would complicate the Document.
How will this change impact the standards data?
- The existing 2019 Document has a 2021 revision year.
- The existing 2019 Document has new 2021 Sections that immediately replace the existing Sections. [Mapping data will be available mid-June.]
- The existing Section GUIDs and their standards statement GUIDs are obsolete.
When is this change taking effect?
The changes were made May 7, 2021.
What action must I take?
You may want to update your database to reflect the Document revision year and new Section data.
How can I get more information?
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.